Monday, March 25, 2013

Counting down to Art Attack XXX

Kiera Zittelman
Concerts Director
seeconcerts@umd.edu
On April 30, 2010, I was a freshman working my first Art Attack in Byrd Stadium. That was the year SEE booked Weezer and Ben Folds. I was in my first semester in Student Entertainment Events as incoming Cinema Director, and I had barely learned the other SEE Directors’ names before I found myself in Byrd the day before the show laying plywood down on the field and watching as we (very slowly) folded a stage out of an 18-wheeler parked in the middle of the stadium. It felt great to be a part of such a cool institution at UMD – maybe not so great when we were still taking down the stage like zombies at 3 a.m. the next morning, but still pretty cool. Three years and a Nelly and a B.o.B show later, we’re at Art Attack XXX (that’s in reference to the number thirty, not anything dirty; get your minds out of the gutter). The SEE team and I are very excited to cap off a year of great entertainment with another tally in the Art Attack tradition: a day of carnival-style events on McKeldin Mall and the concert at sundown in Byrd. Over the next ten days, follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we count down the last ten Art Attack events leading up to our announcement of this year’s line-up. And of course, join us on May 3 for what’s sure to be a fantastic show!